Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraComboBox displays text of first item in list
posted

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out, what would cause an UCB to show as it's text the first time it it's Items collection.

The DataSource is set to a Windows BindingSource component, which contains the list of items to show when the drop down is open.

DisplayMember and ValueMember as set to "Name" which is a property on the objects contained in the Bindingsource's list source.

Value is bound to another BindingSource, which is bound to an instance object.

The instance object doesn't get the value displayed, but the combo displays it.  Worse, of three forms, only one of them exhibits this behavior.

Any ideas?

Parents
    posted

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say that the "instance object doesn't get the value displayed, but the combo displays it".  What is or isn't being displayed?  Are you talking about the DropDown portion, the Text portion, or both?  I'm not really sure what could be causing this behavior offhand.

-Matt

Reply Children
No Data