Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
change background of tree checkbox like image (attached)
posted
i need to change the background of the checkbox of some Ultra Tree Nodes like image http://lh5.ggpht.com/_l4HW1Sw59Bw/SR_Uzr6vH0I/AAAAAAAAATY/T2hiVHY3fb0/s576/gray-backup.JPG Talking about nodes 'Desktop' , 'My Computer' the control should not be disabled - can be expanded, its children can be selected but it cant be selected you can see this in action in windows back up utility - advanced mode - back up tab (its under Start-Programs-Accessories - System Tools-Backup) i dont need any other app styling . can someone please help me out with a full sample to do this. i got the app stylist open but not sure how to assign roles to just these nodes. thank you
    Offline posted

Hi,

You can't do this with AppStylist, since there is no way for AppStylist to distinguish individual nodes in the tree. 

In fact, I am pretty sure that the CheckBoxes in the tree are drawing using the WIndows API, and I don't think you can specify specific colors for the inside of the checkbox - it just picks up the WIndows settings. 

The only way I know of to do this would be to use a DrawFilter and draw directly to the UIElements yourself.