Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Error on UltraGrid when using UltraGridExcelExporter
posted

Using NetAdvantage 2007 vol 3 with HotFix 1053 in a Windows application.

This is my first attempt at using the UltraGridExcelExporter, based on the sample code given in the online help.

I added the component to my window and added a context menu item.  The code called by the menu item gets a file name from the user and then the following:

this.ultraGridExcelExporter1.Export(this.dgQueryResult, strFileName);  // dgQueryResult is the UltraGrid, strFileName is a string containing the file name.

When I run this code, I get the following exception:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGrid.FireInitializeRow(InitializeRowEventArgs e)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridLayout.get_RowScrollRegions()
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridLayout.DirtyGridElement(Boolean primaryMetricsDirty, Boolean fInvalidate, Boolean dirtyColMetrics)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridLayout.ClearViewStyle(Boolean groupByAffected)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridLayout.InitGrid(UltraGridBase grid)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGrid.Export(IUltraGridExporter exporter)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.ExcelExport.UltraGridExcelExporter.Export(UltraGrid grid, Worksheet worksheet, Int32 startRow, Int32 startColumn)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.ExcelExport.UltraGridExcelExporter.Export(UltraGrid grid)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.ExcelExport.UltraGridExcelExporter.Export(UltraGrid grid, String fileName)

This implies a problem with the InitializeRow event on the UltraGrid.  I do have code there so I was suspicious of that code, but I put a breakpoint there and that code does not get executed either before or after the exception hits .

I'm looking for suggestions on how to debug this issue.  I don't have the UltraGrid source code, so I can't tell what object is not instantiated.

Parents Reply Children
No Data