Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Validating UltraDateTimeEditor Field
posted

Hi there,

I want to validate Date of Birth field which uses a UltraDateTimeEditor with following conditions:

1. If the user selects a Date of Birth greater than TODAY's date, shoud give an error "The date of birth must be before today"

2. If the user selects a date, greater than 2 months before  e.g. Today  - 22-10-2008 :Selected Date - 22-07-2008, should give a warning : "Warning : xxxxx!!" 3. For the both of the condition falis, default the UltraDateTimeEditor text in to "00/00/0000" format and focusI would like to know whether I can do both these validations using the Validation Settings in the ultravalidator or do I have to do it in the coding 

I have written the following coding, but it doesn’t give the outputs that I needed. 

=================================================================================================

// For the 1st Conditionthis.udtDOB.Name = "udtDOB";

this.udtDOB.NullText = "00/00/0000";

this.udtDOB.Size = new System.Drawing.Size(95, 21);

this.udtDOB.TabIndex = 24;

ultraToolTipInfo2.ToolTipText = "Please enter date of birth";

this.ultraToolTipManager1.SetUltraToolTip(this.udtDOB, ultraToolTipInfo2);

this.ultraValidator1.GetValidationSettings(this.udtDOB).Condition = new Infragistics.Win.OperatorCondition(Infragistics.Win.ConditionOperator.GreaterThan, System.DateTime.Today, true, typeof(System.DateTime));

this.ultraValidator1.GetValidationSettings(this.udtDOB).DataType = typeof(System.DateTime);

this.ultraValidator1.GetValidationSettings(this.udtDOB).IsRequired = true;

this.ultraValidator1.GetValidationSettings(this.udtDOB).NotificationSettings.Caption = "Validation Faild";

this.ultraValidator1.GetValidationSettings(this.udtDOB).NotificationSettings.Text = "The date of birth must be before today";

this.ultraValidator1.GetValidationSettings(this.udtDOB).ValidationPropertyName = "Value";

this.ultraValidator1.GetValidationSettings(this.udtDOB).ValidationTrigger = Infragistics.Win.Misc.ValidationTrigger.OnValidating;

this.udtDOB.Value = null;

=================================================================================================

// For the 2nd Condition

private void udtDOB_ValueChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)        {                  if (udtDOB.Value != null)           {                int monthDiff = DateTime.Today.Month - Convert.ToDateTime(udtDOB.Value).Month;                 if (monthDiff > 2)                {                    MessageBox.Show(this, "Warning xxxxxxxxxxx", "Warning", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Exclamation);                    udtDOB.Value = null;                }            }        } 

Urgent Help needed ! Thanks in Advance!

NW 

Parents Reply Children
No Data