Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Hierarchical view on WinGrid
posted
Hi, I want to create an hierarchical Grid in which there is a root item (a task for example, which also has some properties which should be displayed in columns), each root item has children from different kind, let them be called "Jobs" for the simplicity of my explanation . Each Job can then has "Child Jobs" as well, and so on and on… (recursively).Each Job item also has its own properties that should be displayed in a multi-column table as well.The relation between each root item to a child item depends on fields in the DB.I wanted to know:1. Is this structure possible with Infragistics WinGrid, or should I use WinTree; we rather have the WinGrid for all it sorting/filtering/summing options2. Is it possible to create a scheme that will bind to create this automatically without having to manually build this tree with code?3. Where can I find references/help on how to do this.My department is very new with Infragistics, so far we were working with devexpress and we really want to use you controls.Please help.Thanx, -Gilad

posted
    Do you have custom business objects that represent this relationship? Or do you plan on using a DataSet? If you are using a DataSet all you need to do is create Relationships between the DataTables. The grid will show parent/child hierarchy based on the relationships that are defined. If you are using custom business objects the grid will show any public property that is a type that implements the IList interface as a hierarchy.

WinGrid Data binding