Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Binding the summary results to a columns
posted

Hi,

I have a dataset with many columns. I wanted to display the result set of groupby of one columns in one cell and total of the same rows in

adjacent cells. Also when the user expands the result set he should be able to view the result set .

Please let me know how to do this. The samples are as below.

Existing one:- 

Custodian Account Advisor Ben Owner Product Date1 Quan

tity
Date2 Quan

tity
Variance 1 Latest Fili

ng Date
Latest Fil

ing Positi

on
Northern Trust *501 C3 JENNISON * Jennison Associates LLC *501 C3   37600 38700 -1100 ############# 21940515
Northern Trust *HSBC N.A. HLDG. - SOUTHEASTERN ASSET-SL* Southeastern Asset Management, Inc. *HSBC N.A. HLDG.   188000 188000 0 ############# 46763734
Northern Trust *ILLINOIS MUTUAL LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY* Corresponding Bank (US) *ILLINOIS MUTUAL LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY*   35000 35000 0    
Northern Trust *POLICE RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF ST. LOUIS MFS INSTITUTIONAL ADVISORS MFS Investment Management *POLICE RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF ST. LOUIS   35060 30360 4700 ############# 23519297

Required one:- 

Advisor                                                              D1 Quantity   D2 Quantity      Variance     
     +    AXA Rosenberg Investment Mgmt LLc (3 items)             400              400                  0              
     +    Blue Chip  Mgmt LLc (3 items)                                     250               600                  2                  

v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

Here in the Required section you see the Advisor column is grouped and the result set is present in first column.Similarly the total of other  columns of the same rows grouped based on advisor is present under adjacent columns.

Please let me know can this be done.

Thanks,

Shashi 

v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Shashi, 

I'm afraid I do not understand your question. It looks like you might be looking for the OutlookGroupBy feature in the grid. In which case, you just have to set the ViewStyleBand to OutlookGroupBy and then drag a column into the GroupByBox at the top of the grid. 

Reply Children
No Data