Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Ribbon and VS2008 - Win Forms
posted

Hi,

I am using the Ribbon menu, in place designer under VS2008 and experienced some weired behaviour.

Using the "In Place Designer" I've created two tabs each having a couple of Groups. I ran the application and looked OK. Then I went in the "Custom property Pages" and and start changing titles and labels. Everything was OK and the editor responded as expected. After changing those captions I ran again the aplication to see how does look. I had the surprise the ribbon actually showed the same interface as was at the first compilation/run. No matter how many changes I do in the "Custom Property Pages", it is not reflected at the run time.

If I close the Form - Design and open it again, my crafted captions and Groups are gone, the form goes back to the configuration at the first compilation. It looks that the changes I made don`t get saved after the first compilation.

I thought I am doing something wrong so I started the VS 2005 and repeate the operations. Everything works like a charm, no hidden surprises.

Is anybody having an ideea what is the cause of this problem?

Here is the configuration:

Ribbon is hosted on a MDI form.

VS2008 - SP1

Infragistics: NetAdvantage_20071_CLR2X_HotFix_1067 installed  

Thanks,

Octavian