Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
FontListTool Wait Cursor
posted

I am experiencing quite a wait (~5 seconds) after clicking the dropdown button on my FontListTool for the first time.  I want to put up a wait cursor and prompt the user that I am populating the font list.  I have tried to hook into the events of the FontListTool like this:

AddHandler cmbFontList.BeforeToolDropdown, AddressOf Me.OnBeforeOverrideFontListDropDown
            AddHandler cmbFontList.AfterToolDropdown, AddressOf Me.OnAfterOverrideFontListDropDown

The BeforeToolDropdown event occurs when I would expect, when I click the dropdown button.  However, the AfterToolDropdown event isn't fired until the combo "rolls back up."  Is there an event that fires after the FontListTool is populated and the combo pops down?  If so, what is this event so I can use it to kill my wait cursor and reset my prompt. 

Is there a better way to do what I want to do here?

Thanks in advance,

Keith

Parents
No Data
    posted

It sounds like there is a problem here. The AfterToolDropdown event should fire as soon as the drop down is shown. I tried to reproduce the issue with 8.2 but was unable to. I would recommend submitting the issue to the support group: http://es.infragistics.com/gethelp.

Children
No Data