Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to sort nodes on a different column?
posted

I have an explorer like tree which is bound to a datasource. I want to be able to sort by something other than the text of the node. For example, I have a "NodeType" field and the value is either Folder or File. I want all Folders to be on top, and for a bonus, files sorted by FileName (which is the text of the node) ascending.

I have heard there is a SortComparer thing that I can do but do not have any examples for it. Can someone help out with this? Also, is it possible to tell the tree or the sort comparer to Sort by NodeType first and then by FileName?

Thanks.

Parents
No Data
    posted

Here is an example compare function that I use

public class AliTreeSortComparer : IComparer { public AliTreeSortComparer() {

}

#region IComparer Members

public int Compare(object x, object y) {

UltraTreeNodeCell cellX = x as UltraTreeNodeCell;

UltraTreeNodeCell cellY = y as UltraTreeNodeCell;

UltraTreeNode nodeX = x as UltraTreeNode;

UltraTreeNode nodeY = y as UltraTreeNode;

if (cellX != null) {

nodeX = cellX.Node;

}

if (cellY != null) {

nodeY = cellY.Node;

}

AliObject aliObjX = nodeX.Tag as AliObject; AliObject aliObjY = nodeY.Tag as AliObject;

//

// If the ALI object is null, then it is a folder.

// We want folder to be sorted on the top and ALI objects to be sorted on the bottom.

//

if (aliObjX == null && aliObjY != null) {

return -1;

} else if (aliObjX != null && aliObjY == null) {return 1;

}

return string.Compare(nodeX.Key, nodeY.Key);

}

#endregion

}

Children
No Data