Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Filckering
posted

Hi,

How can I avoid the flickering.

I have placed one wingroupbox in windows forms and inside the groupbox i have added the windows controls(table layout panel, textbox, label etc). The background color of the controls I have set to transparent (so that i will get the style of wingroupbox in whole windows form). When i deployed the application, the form is flickering when a key (Alt) pressed or when a message box is shown.

regards,

pgr2007

posted

I'm not sure that there really is a way to prevent this flickering other than avoiding transparent colors.  When you have a hierarchy of transparent controls, for each control that needs to paint, it needs to walk up its parent chain and have the parent (or its parent if the first parent is transparent, etc) paint into the bounds of the control.  So when you have multiple transparent controls, they need to paint using this method.  I'm guessing that they are flickering when you press Alt because they need to invalidate to show the mneumonic, though I don't know why it's flickering when you're showing a message box, unless that message box is obscuring the controls and thus forcing it to repaint.

-Matt