Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Fixed Columns in Ultrgrid
posted

I am trying to fix the first 5 columns in the ultragrid and not allow the user to change that, similar to the freeze in Excel. I am using the following code in the MouseDown and MouseUp events. The problem is when the user clicks the pin on a particular column it blocks the change, but it still reorders the columns. I need the columns to stay in the original order.

Dim bFixedColumn As Boolean = False

Private Sub UltraGrid1_MouseDown(sender As Object, e As MouseEventArgs) Handles UltraGrid1.MouseDown
        Dim grid As UltraGrid = TryCast(sender, UltraGrid)
        Dim controlElement As UIElement = grid.DisplayLayout.UIElement
        Dim elementAtPoint As UIElement = If(controlElement IsNot Nothing, controlElement.ElementFromPoint(e.Location), Nothing)
        Dim column As UltraGridColumn = Nothing

While elementAtPoint IsNot Nothing
            Dim headerElement As FixedHeaderIndicatorUIElement = TryCast(elementAtPoint, FixedHeaderIndicatorUIElement)

If headerElement IsNot Nothing AndAlso TypeOf headerElement Is Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.FixedHeaderIndicatorUIElement Then
                'setFixedColumns()
                column = TryCast(headerElement.GetContext(GetType(UltraGridColumn)), UltraGridColumn)
                bFixedColumn = column.Header.Fixed
                Exit While
            End If

elementAtPoint = elementAtPoint.Parent
        End While
    End Sub

Private Sub UltraGrid1_MouseUp(sender As Object, e As MouseEventArgs) Handles UltraGrid1.MouseUp
        Dim grid As UltraGrid = TryCast(sender, UltraGrid)
        Dim controlElement As UIElement = grid.DisplayLayout.UIElement
        Dim elementAtPoint As UIElement = If(controlElement IsNot Nothing, controlElement.ElementFromPoint(e.Location), Nothing)
        Dim column As UltraGridColumn = Nothing

While elementAtPoint IsNot Nothing
            Dim headerElement As FixedHeaderIndicatorUIElement = TryCast(elementAtPoint, FixedHeaderIndicatorUIElement)

If headerElement IsNot Nothing AndAlso TypeOf headerElement Is Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.FixedHeaderIndicatorUIElement Then
                'setFixedColumns()
                column = TryCast(headerElement.GetContext(GetType(UltraGridColumn)), UltraGridColumn)
                column.Header.Fixed = bFixedColumn
                Exit While
            End If

elementAtPoint = elementAtPoint.Parent
        End While

End Sub

Offline posted

I figured it out on my own.

Private Sub UltraGrid1_BeforeColPosChanged(sender As Object, e As BeforeColPosChangedEventArgs) Handles UltraGrid1.BeforeColPosChanged
            e.Cancel = True
        End Sub