Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Please share your experience on WinForm HiDPI
posted

Dear Infragistics Team.

Please share your experience on WinForm HiDPI.

1) About resources and icons, Do you have multiple versions of each image (for different screen DPI ?) 

2) How do you choose and what is a base measure when use owner draw or paint method? Font Size? Windows Title Size? other?

3) When you style a Windows (UltraWinManager or UltraWinToolbar) do you use Windows borderless or Windows sizable and hide title bar?

4) Do you use Vector graphics or Bitmaps on owner draw or simulated Titlebar buttons (minimize, restore, close)?

Thank you in advance.

Offline posted

Hello Irakli,

I have been investigating into your questions relating to High DPI on this matter with my colleagues, and I have some information for you. I will answer your questions in the order they were asked. Please also use the following documentation along with the below:

Infragistics for Windows Forms DPI Scaling: https://es.infragistics.com/help/winforms/dpi-scaling-support

MSDN DPI Scaling Topic: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/desktop/winforms/high-dpi-support-in-windows-forms?view=netframeworkdesktop-4.8

1. At the moment, our High DPI support is in a CTP (Preview) state, and we do not currently do any image scaling. With that said, you will likely need to do multiple resources and icons in order to do High DPI scaling for those if you are trying to do this in your own application, as this will not happen automatically and the ScaleBitmapLogicalToDevice method mentioned in the MSDN article above likely will make your images blurry.

2. We have a DpiUtilities class with some static helper methods that is used for the base measure for DpiScaling. The DpiUtilities class has a method called GetControlDpiScalingFactor that determines the factor that each part of the application is multiplied by in order to DPI scale it.

3. I am rather unsure what you are asking here in this case? Would it be possible for you to please provide some additional information on this bit?

4. We do not use vector graphics for just about anything in the Infragistics for Windows Forms toolset, and while I am unsure what you mean by the “title bar buttons” in this case, there is no place that we use vector graphics for a title bar.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.