Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraGrid GroupByBox and the Column Chooser
posted

Hi there

I have a C# .NET 4.5.2 WinForms app using the Infragistics UltraWinGrid v16.1.20161.2033 control

It is using a grid with the ViewStyleBand.OutlookGroupBy in play and we are also make use of the UltraGrids built in column chooser via

this.ultraGrid1.DisplayLayout.Override.RowSelectorHeaderStyle = RowSelectorHeaderStyle.ColumnChooserButton;
this.ultraGrid1.DisplayLayout.Override.RowSelectors = DefaultableBoolean.True;

The Column Chooser displays fine when there are columns in the GroupByBox but dissappears when you remove all columns from the GroupByBox i.e when you see the "Drag a column header here to group by that column." text the Column Chooser is no longer available

My question is what is the appropriate technique for always showing the Column Chooser?

Is there a particular event I can use when a column is removed from the GroupByBox that I can use to force the Column Chooser to be displayed?

Thanks in advance

Geoff

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Geoff,

Thank you for posting in our forum.

I followed the steps you suggested and was unable to reproduce the behavior you are describing.

I have attached the sample project I used to test this. Can you please test this on your PC and let me know how it works?

If the project does not show the product feature you described, then more information will be needed to reproduce the issue in a sample that can be used for debugging. 
    It will help if you can provide a small, isolated sample application that demonstrates the behavior you are seeing.

5280.WindowsFormsApplication1.zip

Children
No Data