Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Ultradrop search multiple columns
posted

I am using a ultradropdown in a ultragrid.  This is working as expected as it searches the display column.  New client requirement to search values in the display column and an additional column.  

I gather this is not possible with the ultradropdown.  Is there another control that would serve us better?  Do we need to build our own custom control?  

Offline posted

I'm a little fuzzy on exactly what behavior you are looking for. It sounds like you are talking about the auto-complete functionality. Like when the user clicks into a cell and drops down the list and starts typing, the DropDown searches the list and AutoCompletes a match. 

How would that work for more than one column? What if what the user typed matched two different columns? Would one have precedence over the other or something? 

Or are you talking about some other kind of search/filtering functionality? 

Offline posted

Hi Rodney,

We currently do not offer any built-in search capabilities for UltraGrid or UltraDropDown. An alternative to building your own control might be to leverage UltraGrid's External Filtering feature to filter out any rows that do not match your sort criteria.

I recommend voting for this product idea if it matches your needs: Fulltext search in Ultragrid. If your application requirements differ from the linked idea, you can also submit a new Product Idea. You can suggest new product ideas for future versions on our ideas site.

Thank you in advance for submitting your product idea.