Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Infragistic Grid slow paint with Windows 10 / .NET 4.7
posted

From Infragistic 2015.1 Win7 .NET 4.6 to Win10 4.7 we noticed a slow down in repainting the grid with several hundred rows and about 15 columns.

From < 1 second to 4 second and sometimes 20 seconds.

We tried the .NET 4.7.1 patch and that didn't help a whole lot.

Does Infragistic 2018.1 have optimization for Win10's GDI for this performance issue?

Using VS2017 Performance Profiler I see a huge difference in the number of calls on Win 10 / .NET 4.7+   vs Win 7 / 4.6.1.

[Edit] Turns out to be a performance issue with Arial font in Win 10.   Switching to MS Sans font and the slowness went away.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello ,

Thank you for posting to our forum.

If I understand correctly you are using Infragistic 2015.1 and by changing the Win7 .NET 4.6 to Win10 4.7 you are getting performance issue.

I would like to know if you are getting any exception while running the code?

You can go through this performance guild:
    https://es.infragistics.com/help/winforms/wingrid-performance-guide

You can also try using version Infragistics 2017.2 and check if it improve the performance.

If still getting the issue please provides an isolated code in order to reproduce the issue at our end.

Reply Children
No Data