Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Is it possible to increase the ExplorerBar's performance (draw time)?
posted

Hello!

I am not sure if I should even be using this control for what I am trying to do, but hey, it looks really nice this way and I'd like to keep it. I have a bit of code that populates an ExplorerBar based on what the user clicks on a treeview.

There are 3 groups that I've created with the designer. Based on the file type, I am adding them to the appropriate group. The problem is, if I have more than say 10 items/files that I try to add to the bar, it takes it a good 5 seconds or so to add and update the view and in the meantime the user cannot do anything. (You can notice it sitting there "thinking" for a few seconds before it finally populates it and redraws it. 

So I guess my question is, is there any way that I can speed up this process, or perhaps I am doing something wrong? Maybe I should be abandoning the explorerbar altogether and just going with a listview? 

TIA!

Offline posted

10 items should not produce a noticable lag. My suspicion is that some other aspect of the population logic is causing the latency. If you have removed this from the equation and can reliably reproduce a latency of 5 seconds with only 10 items, you should report the issue as a bug and include the sample project with the bug report.