Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How do you show the value in the chart?
posted

Hello,

I'm using WinForms 2017.1 with an UltraChart currently, but I'm trying to replace that with an UltraDataChart.

Up until now, it was possible to show the value with the help of ChartTextAppearance as seen below - which simply shows the value above each bar.

How can I add similar text to charts created with UltraDataChart?

Thanks!

Offline posted

Hello,

I attached a showcase sample demonstrating how to implement the labels above the columns. There is a InitializeLabelsChart method called which handles the custom labels on-screen. Please review the sample and let me know if you have any questions.

Infragistics_Showcase_CashflowDashboard (labels on top).zip
    Offline posted

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Infragistics. This feature exists in the WPF DataChart at the moment. The windows forms version of the DataChart doesn't expose a marker template to show values, and is considered to be a new product idea.

eg.

https://es.infragistics.com/help/wpf/datachart-displaying-marker-values

I am currently investigating a way to achieve an alternate solution in Windows Forms. I will follow up within a few days to research and investigate. In the meantime I recommend that you submit a new product idea. Let me know if you are interested in the WPF version of the DataChart and I can assist you with that as well.

You can suggest new product ideas for future versions by emailing ideas@infragistics.com

Submitting your idea will send it directly to our product management team so that it can be imported into our new ideas community once live: http://ideas.infragistics.com

Remember when submitting your idea to explain the context in which a feature would be used and why it is needed as well as anything that would prevent you from accomplishing this today. You can even add screenshots to build a stronger case.  You can also link back to this thread for additional details.

Let me know if you have any questions.