Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraGridCellProxy Events Not Firing
posted

Hi

I have been using the new GridRowEditTemplate, and am very pleased this has been a new feature in 8.2. I am having some problems with the CellProxies that are generated on the template. I cannot get all their events to fire. For example:

1. I am trying to handle the Key Down and then the Key Press event. Only the Key Down event fires and not Key Press.

2. One of the Proxies is a drop down list of items. I am wanting to configure the the other proxies on the template based on what a user selects in the drop down list. I have tried to capture the text changed event, but it does not fire either

Is there something I am missing?

Regards

Andrew 

Verified Answer
    posted

Andrew,

The proxies are best thought of as a container for the actual editors used in the cells, so you could think of each of them as the actual grid cell moved onto the template.  As such, the events that you would use for the proxies would be on the grid itself and not on the control level.  This goes for both points, since I'm not sure if the KeyPress event would be fired since likely the owner (the grid/column associated with the proxy) may be handling the events.  If you want to change the other proxies based on what the user selects, then you need to alter the underlying cell/editor.

My recommedation if you don't want to use the underlying editor is to instead use a standalone control, which you can data-bind to the column, such as:

this.ultraTextEditor.DataBindings.Add("Value", this.ultraGridRowEditTemplate1, "Col 1");

-Matt