Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
EditorControl in Summary?
posted

To be more specific, I'm looking at putting a progress bar in a column summary cell.

We have a column in the grid which displays progress bars using the Column's EditorControl property - and for the summary cell for that column, our user would naturally expect that to show a progress bar too.

However this appeared to be impossible so far. We do not need a fully blown editor control for R/W, but just a progress bar to read the summary value and visualise it, as all the other progress bars do in cells.

I know this had been brought up in a similar topic before, but it looks like using a Creation Filter only gives me a one way linkage (how can i update the progress bar as the summary value updates?)

Is there anyway i can put a progress bar into the summary cell (as a EditorControl or not) with its value bound to the summaryvalue?

Please kindly shed some light if you know how to do it or have done it before... Thanks!

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

There's no way to put an editor in a summary cell. You could probably do this with a CreationFilterby placing a ProgressBarUIElement into the summary. As for it being one way, the CreationFilter will fire a lot - any time the grid needs to rebuild it's element tree. So it really only has to be one way. When you create the element, you would set it's value. When something changes, the CreationFilter will fire again - or if it doesn't, you would call DirtyChildElement on the grid to make it fire. So you would be continuously setting and re-setting the value. 

Children
No Data