Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Drag&Drop, Own Context Menu
posted

1. I want to insert a number from UltraWinGrid to a cell in UltraSpreadSheet by dragging and dropping with the mouse. Is this already possible?

2. Furthermore I would like to assign its own context menu for each cell. Is there a possibility for that?

3. Is it possible to select a cell by its address (e.g. A5)?

Thanks! 

Offline posted

Hi Uwe,

Thank you for posting in our forums.

Your first two queries are currently not possible in the Spreadsheet, so you can add a new product idea for them in our product ideas site. As for how to select a cell by a given address, you can use the following code (note that the address variable is the address of the cell, for example “AZ5”):

var firstNumber = address.FirstOrDefault(c => Char.IsDigit(c));

var indexOfNumber = address.IndexOf(firstNumber);

var column = address.Substring(0, indexOfNumber);

var row = address.Substring(indexOfNumber, address.Length - indexOfNumber);

var columnIndex = ((column.Length - 1) * 26) + (char.ToUpper(column.Last()) - 64);

var rowIndex = int.Parse(row);

// The indexes are zero based so we need to decrement them.

columnIndex--;

rowIndex--;

ultraSpreadsheet1.ActivePane.Selection.ClearCellRanges();

ultraSpreadsheet1.ActivePane.Selection.SetActiveCell(new SpreadsheetCell(rowIndex, columnIndex));           ultraSpreadsheet1.ActivePane.ScrollCellIntoView(ultraSpreadsheet1.ActivePane.Selection.ActiveCell);

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.