Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Removing Mask from DateTime Column
posted

I have a situation in code where there is a column in grid whose DataType is set to DateTime. Now I only have to display the Date Part in the format "dd/MM/yyyy" for which I have set the column style to DateWithOutDropDown as I don't have to display the Dropdown calendar control. I did so in the grid's Initialize Layout event by checking the Column's Data Type. Further for your information I didn't set the MastInput for the column.

Now the cell editor in edit mode displays the masking like "__/__/____". My problem is that I want to hide this editor masking and need to display only the plain text editor where the user could enter the date in any format of his/her choice.

Due Regards,

Talha Muhammad

Parents
No Data
    posted

The following properties on the columns have to be set in the Iniotialize Layout

1)  e.Layout.Bands[0].Columns["Date"].Style = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.ColumnStyle.Date;

This line makes sure that only the date part is shown.

2)  e.Layout.Bands[0].Columns["Date"].ButtonDisplayStyle = ButtonDisplayStyle.OnCellActivate;

this line makes sure that the calendar button is displayed only on cell activate.

Children
No Data