Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Custom summary rows
posted

Hi all,

I currently have a Grid with 1 summary row working aok. Like this.

Multi currency

What I'd like to do is add an additional summary row to have 1 for each currency.  I can just add an additional summary row no problem, but how do I...

1) only sum the $US rows for the $US summary and only the CDN rows for the CDN summary

2) also, if there wasn't mixed currencies I'd want to hide/suppress the 2nd summary row.  I can figure out if mixed currencies exist, just need a way to hide a summary row

3) is there a way to display some text beside the summary total?  i.e.  $19.04 $US

Any help/direction would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Brad.

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Brad,

What I would do is create an unbound column in the grid for each possible value of Currency. Then you can either use a formula or the InitializeRow event to populate that unbound column with a value based on the currency and cost fields. For example, assuming a currency value of 1 is the US, your unbound column for the US would examine the value of Currency in the same row. If it's a 1 (US), then you set the value of the unbound cell to the value of Cost, otherwise 0. Then you can sum up the unbound column to get the total of all US items. And so on with each possible value of Currency.

You can set the Hidden property on the unbound columns so the user doesn't seem them.

Reply Children
No Data