Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Tooltips wrap to multiple lines. Why?
posted

Hello,

I wasn't quite sure which forum to post to (I think it's actually an issue with UltraToolbarsManager), but it's about Tooltips, so I hope you can help.

In the 8.2 version of NetAdvantage, I see weird wrapping behavior in the standard tooltips on the form chrome. I have a UltraToolbarsManager applied to a Windows Form, and styled for Office 2007 Black theme. I'm not using formatted tooltips, and I have the UltraToolbarsManager.ToolTipDisplayStyle set to "Normal".

For instance, observe the tooltip behavior for the standard Close / Restore title bar buttons:

Screenshot - 7_11_2008 , 11_53_42 AM

Screenshot - 7_11_2008 , 11_54_11 AM

This happens whenever a tooltip is close proximity to the edge of the screen. In the example, the form is maximized, but I've also recreated the behavior with a non-maximized form that I moved close to the edge of the screen.

This most definitely was not an issue in v7.3. I'm not sure what changed, but I can't find any way to influence this behavior now.

Any help would be appreciated!