Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Some issues about unbound column
posted

Hi, I met with some problems with unbound column.

1)merged cell

I set merged cells in 2 bounded columns, they work well. But when I add an unbound column and set the column position in column arrangement designer, the cells are no longer merged. Please refer to the attachment for detail information.

2)download to excel

After I arrange the column position, I try to download the grid to excel by UltraGridExcelExporter. But in the downloaded excel file, I find that some excel columns and rows are automatically hidden. Please refer to the attachment for detail information.

Could anybody help me?

Thank you~

Unbound columns issues.zip
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

What exactly do you mean about setting "the column position in column arrangement designer". It looks like maybe you are using RowLayouts here. This would explain why cell merging does not work. I could be wrong, but I think cell merging may not be supported with RowLayouts. I can't see how this could possible work, since RowLayouts allow you to stack columns across and on top of each other. So Cell Merging would be impossible. 

These extra columns in Excel could also be explained by odd span settings in your RowLayout and if you are using an older version of the controls.