Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to apply rich styles to the default Infragistics chart?
posted

Hi Team,

How do i apply rich styles to the default infragistics chart control?

The below code produces the attached chart image but, I need a stylish chart.

*.aspx file:

<igchart:UltraChart ID="UltraChart1" runat="server"></igchart:UltraChart>

*.cs file:

DataTable dt = new DataTable();

this.UltraChart1.ChartType = ChartType.ColumnChart;

this.UltraChart1.DataSource = dt;

this.UltraChart1.DataBind();

Is there any default configuration setups to get a stylish chart in infragistics?

Thanks in Advance

Offline posted

Hello,

While almost every piece of the chart is exposed and can be customized in full, the easiest way to style your charts is with presets. Presets in chart terms can modify looks but also behaviors and I believe if you create your chart with the dedicated wizard a default preset is applied that looks much fresher. There are more predefined styles and you can always start with one and customize further. The Quick design (from smart tag or properties window commands) has a preset management section you can explore – see attached image.

There’s also an entire section in the docs dedicated to Appearances

Besides the Color Model (step 4 of the Chart Wizard) you can go in and apply even more control using Paint Elements down to separate data elements.

Let me know if this helps and if there’s anything else I can help with on this matter.

Regards,

Damyan Petev

Associate Software Developer

Infragistics, Inc.