Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Webdata Grid and XML or Generic Objects
posted

My Situation:

I have a table that has many attributes. One attribute is an xml string. The xml string can any type of objects that were created out of an application.

For example the table might look like this

TItle -String

Guid - Guid

Data - XML  (when serializing this in the app it can be 1 of 30 -> 40 different objects)

My goal is to be able to do a data dump of the data in the table for the basic user. For example TItle, Guid, and the XML broken down.

As of right now, I can get the object to for the entire table or I can get the object for the xml and display either or on the grid.   Keep in mind the xml can have any number of elements in it. One might 5 element the next could 15.  

My questions:

1) Does anyone know of an easy way to do this? 

2) WebData grids needs to have the object flatten, right?  Because I tried to bind a complex object and it wasn't working.

3) Could I bind an xml string to webdatagrid? 

This wouldn't be this bad if I didn't have one XML string that is horribly complex. Meaning that the original object has multiple lists in it.    

Parents
No Data
Reply Children
No Data