Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Unbound checkbox doesn't maintain state across second postback
posted

Components at play:

SqlDataSource - uses a control parameter to filter results for display in the WebDataGrid

WebDataGrid - bound to the SqlDataSource and contains an unbound check box utilized by the user to selected any number of rows in the WebDataGrid

ASP.NET GridView - displays data generated from selected WebDataGrid rows after the first postback. This control does not allow the user to make edits and is only for informational purposes.

A button generates the first postback that examines the unbound check boxes in the WebDataGrid to determine which rows the user wants to generate additional data against. That data is generated and used as a datasource on the GridView control on the page, and the postback completes. Client side now displays the WebDataGrid with any number of rows checked, along with the GridView showing the additional info. If the user is agress with the GridView data, a second button is used to generate a postback to complete the operation. During that postback, all unbound checkboxes in the WebDataGrid have a value of false, even though the client side is displaying some as true.

How can I maintain the state of those unbound checkboxes across multiple postbacks?

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Eric,

I’m just following up to see if you’ve been able to resolve your issue. If you have any questions or concerns or if you need further assistance please let me know.

Best Regards,

Maya Kirova

Developer Support Engineer

Infragistics, Inc.

http://es.infragistics.com/support

Children
No Data