Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ig_res/ig_shared.css 404 issue
posted

I have a web application that uses Infragistics 8.1 NetAdvantage controls.

On my local machine, it automatically created an ig_res folder under our project folder structure.  We never added it to the web application project.

When I publish it to my local IIS machine.  I get 2 404 errors in my IIS log file that say

12:46:29 127.0.0.1 GET /testapp/ig_res/default/ig_shared.css 404

12:46:29 127.0.0.1 GET /testapp/ig_res/default/ig_splitter.css 404

Can anyone explain why our application is looking for these 2 files under the web_apps default path instead of looking for it in the ig_common like all the other files that were automatically created in the /testapp/ig_res folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

posted

Not sure I quite understand.  Your saying that all of the other files that are included in the ig_res folder are being found in ig_common?  That does not sound right.  Here is some info on the Splitter and why its trying to find ig_res.

All of the Aikido-based controls (like the Splitter which it looks like you are using), by default use Application Styling.  As a result, they attempt to look in the local project for a folder called ig_res which contains the Application Styling resources.  This is also why the folder was copied into your project, which the Aikido-based controls do when you initially drop them on the form. 

We decided to make the Application Styling framework look at the local project rather than a common virtual directory becase since the release  of VS2005 we can no longer depend on IIS to be on the local system, which means we cannot depend on the ig_common virtual directory to be there.  Its much more reliable to, out of the box, just add what we need to the local project and look there.

You can of course configure the controls to look whereever you want for these resources if you do not want to include them in your local project by using the controls StyleSetPath property, or you can change the path for your entire appliction by changing these attributes in the web.config:

<infragistics.web styleSetName="Default" styleSetPath="~/ig_res"/> 

Does that help?

Devin