Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Possible to have embedded controls in a menu?
posted

Hello,

i'm trying to see if this is possible. i added a date picker and a button to a DataMenuItem Template called "Search". When i click on a menu item that holds the controls and select the dropdown box of the date picker, the calendar flash's for a split second and then goes away. by clicking on the dropdown button again, the entire menu item goes away. is there away to keep the calendar & menu item from going away for this DataMenuItem until i select a date and click search (which i hope will trigger a UpdatePanel to a grid)?

I added the project i have so far.

Thanks...

DashboardCSL.zip
    posted

Hello Shane,

If you still need any assistance on the matter, please do not hesitate to ask.

posted

Hello,

Thank you for the sample. Currently our WebDataMenu is design to stay open only if your mouse is over the submenu and as soon as the drop down calendar opens it no longer can stay open and even if you force it to open using the following code

var items = ig_controls.WebDataMenu1.getItems();

items.getItem(3).open();

it will close as soon as you hover over the calendar.

Therefore  has been determined to be a new product idea.  I have sent your product idea directly to our product management team.  Our product team chooses new product ideas for development based on popular feedback from our customer base.  Infragistics continues to monitor application development for all of our products, so as trends appear in requested features, we can plan accordingly.

Your reference number for this product idea is PI12120017.