Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraWebGrid 8.1 client side performance in internet explorer 8
posted

Hello,

I have a strange issue: While I'm debugging, the performance for a function that loops trough 20 rows at client side is correct (1 second approx.) , but when I deploy on a very powerful server and I'm accessing the published web site with the same computer and browser, it takes almost a minute to iterate trough all rows.

The only workaround I've found is to reset all IE8 configuration so it goes back to 1 second again, but in production (ok)...

I'm sure that the problem doesn't have nothing to do with settings in advanced configuration nor security configuration nor compatibility mode, because setting the defaults for any of them separately does not fix the problem (of course I reboot IE after doing changes).

What could be the setting for this ? I need to be sure that the other 60 pcs with IE8 we have on our company to set up will work flawlessly, and I cannot reset IE8 on all of them because they have specific configurations. Also, I cannot upgrade Infragistics components right now because I don't have enough time to do it right now...

This is very frustrating because while I was developing, I thought it'd run 10 times faster in production with more powerful client pcs and no debug code, but this is not the case (except if I 'reset' IE8 config).

Thanks in advance !

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

I've found the workaround ! After playing with advanced settings, security settings, disable all add-ons with NO luck, the answer was in another place:

Under "Tools" select "Compatibility view settings". Then UNCHECK "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View".

It seems that this "Compatibility View" generated Incompatibility...

The reason it didn't happen while I was debugging was that it used the Visual Studio ASP.net development server, on my own machine, thus, I wasn't accessing the intranet.

I hope it helps.

Children
No Data