Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Inserting or deleting a row in client-side?
posted

Hi,

We have developed an application that will help the customer interact with or give instructions to our managers using notes. Customer may create multiple notes and also he has the options to add files to a note. I am displaying the list of files using UltrawebGrid. I also have 2 button namely "Add" and "Remove". When clicking on the "Add" button. customer will select the file that he requires and then i will add the filename to the UltraWebGrid and if he select a file and click on "Remove" button, i will remove the filename from the UltraWebGrid. I am doing the operations in Client-side only. Once he click on "Submit" button, then only i will upload the file to a location in our server using a 3rd party control.

When our manager click on the note, i will fetch the filenames from the location and display it in the UltraWebGrid control. Now i am converting UltraWebGrid control to WebDtaaGird control. While going thru the documentation for adding new row in client-side, it mentions that postback will happen for every row that is added. I don't want this to happen in my case. How do i add or delete a row to the WebdataGrid without doing a post back? The purpose is to show the customer the files that he is going to add or remove. The reason i used UltraWebGrid previously was the right-click menu option that will help our manager to download the file to his local system. Is it possible to be done using WebDataGrid? I have attached the code that i used previously for adding a new row

var newRow=objGrid.Rows.addNew();

if(newRow !=null)
{
    newRow.getCell(0).setValue(filename,false);
    newRow.getCell(1).setValue(filepath,false);
    newRow.getCell(2).setValue(filesize,false);
}

Thanks,
Raja.

Parents Reply Children
No Data