Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Corrupted layout of controls with VS 2012
posted

Hello,

we are just checking out VS 2012 with NetAdvantage 12.1.20121.2072. I already realized that there are currently a few limitations using AppStyling and Reporting, which will be dealt with in the announced release of 12.2 in late October.

Nonetheless, I have recognized a few more issues with some of the controls. In the screenshot below i just use WebDataGrid, WebDatePicker and WebNumericEditor to illustrate the problem.

When you look at the screenshot closely, you will probably notice that the whole layout of the control has been shifted to the lower left corner in the grid. Also, in the WebDataPicker as well as in the WebNumericEditor, the spin buttons are not in the correct position (OnRight) and the actual edit mode field is also shifted to the lower left corner of the control.

I guess that it is planned to fix these issues, too, along with the release of 12.2. But i'd like to know whether there is a quick fix to this or not, so I don't have to go back to VS2010 in the meantime.

Verified Answer
    posted

Hi weirdal,

This is a problem in the default VS 2012 asp.net website.  Their master page includes a css "~/Content/site.css" that screws up some of the look of our controls.  On a plain page it is fine.  Removes this from the master page or start with a fresh one.

regards,
    David Young