Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Infragistics.Excel Support .NET Framework 2.0
posted

Hi All,

One our application is developed in .NET Framework 2.0 and  we are planning to use Infragistics.Excel for read data from excel 2007 /2003 (.xls / .xlsx) files.

My Question Is:

I read the below in Infragistics web site:

"* - Support of Microsoft Excel 2007 .XLSX, .XLTX, .XLSM, and .XLTM file formats requires .NET Framework 3.0, and is only included in builds of the Infragistics.Excel assembly for CLR 3.0 or later."

To Read the data from excel 2007 or .XLXS files requires our application should be run in .NET Framework 3.0 or higher?

THanks

Paul

posted

It actually is not required. You could, load .xlsx files in CLR2 if you provide an IPackageFactory implementation to the Workbook.Load call. This class must create an IPackage implementation, which must handle zipping, unzipping, and the creation of related classes for accessing and manipulating zip parts. It is a complicated task because the IPackage must also manage the creation of the [Content Types].xml file and the .rels files which exist in the .xlsx package. I would not recommend trying to do this if using CLR3 is possible.