Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
MissingRecordException in UnboundcheckBoxfield
posted

Hello,

I use Infragistics 11.1.20111.1006 and get the following error:

System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Eine Ausnahme vom Typ "System.Web.HttpUnhandledException" wurde ausgelöst. ---> Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.MissingRecordException: Requested record cannot be found by key.

The error leads to a AJAX PageRequestManagerParserErrorException.

I searched for this issue and also tried to solve it - but without success.

My Webpage consists of a WebSplitter and two panes. The left pane consists of a UpdatePanel and a WebDataTree. The right pane also has a UpdatePanel and in that is placed a WebDataGrid (that is showing the files from a directory). The WDG consists of a set of boundcolumns and i also placed the following UnboundCheckBox:

<ig:UnBoundCheckBoxField Key="ColSel" Width="20px" ToolTipChecked="ausgewählt" ToolTipUnchecked="nicht-ausgewählt" HeaderCheckBoxMode="BiState">
                                        </ig:UnBoundCheckBoxField>

In the behaviors i configured:

<ig:EditingCore>
                                            <Behaviors>
                                                <ig:CellEditing>
                                                    <ColumnSettings>
                                                        <ig:EditingColumnSetting ColumnKey="ColSel" />
                                                    </ColumnSettings>
                                                </ig:CellEditing>
                                            </Behaviors>
                                        </ig:EditingCore>

The error only appears when i check one/more grid rows (via the checkbox) and then click on an other node in the tree. If none is checked the node click event successfully renews the datagrid.

I also tried ...

- ... to set AutoCRUD and EnableDataViewState - without success.
- ... to deactivate the checkboxes via javascript before the server-side nodeclick-event is executed.
- ... to loop through the checkboxes in server-side and deactivate them

Has anyone an idea what i am doing wrong and how to solve that problem?

Thanks

Martin

posted

Hi,

thank you for your answer. Because i have a generic list i found no way to assign the primary key to the data source.

Instead, i changed from a UnboundCheckBoxField to an TemplateDataField. That works fine and the error message does not appear.

Thanks

Martin

Verified Answer
    posted

Hi Martin,

This error usually happens when row updating happens and the row update cannot find the row by the data key.  So maybe you've already changed the data source at this point?  Do you have a DataKeyFields set?

regards,
    David Young 

Verified Answer
    posted

Hello Martin,

You will need to set the DataKeyFields property of the grid to be same as the primary key of the data source.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Sincerely,

Georgi Sashev

Developer Support Engineer

Infragistics, Inc.

http://es.infragistics.com/support