Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
RowSelectionChanged Server Side event not firing
posted

Hi team,

I am using a webdatagrid in my application.In it i have set the selection to Row.  Now i want to do some task in my code behind when the user selects some row in my grid.I tried to use the Selection.RowSelectionChanged event for that, but it doesnt trigger when i select any row. Am i doing something wrong here? How do i achieve this ?

I was able to trigger the client side event when row selection changed but my functionality is such that i want to handle the event in code behing. Please advice. Thanks

Suggested Answer
    posted

Hi yadusaxena,
    Did you set the autopostback flag to true for RowSelectionChanged on the AutoPostbackFlags object off of selection.  If it is false, then the server event fires at the next postback and not immediately.  Be warned, that if you have it true, and ajax is on, updating other controls will not work since only the grid is refreshed.  You'd need to turn ajax off for that case.

regards,
    David Young