Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
AreaChart
posted

I am using WebCharts v9.2. I created a very simple areachart. I noticed that the line style extends from the starting data point to the last data point and then back down to the x-axis. Is this a bug? If not, how can I remove the line style that starts from the last data point back to the x-axis? Thank you.

posted

Thank you very much! That works.

Offline posted

Hello tnguyen13 , 

This seems to be the by design behavior of the area chart. You can altogether get the lines to disappear by changing the draw color of the polygon element that is representing the area chart. If you set it to transparent the black line will disappear.  However since that draw color is a part from a complex element all the black lines will disappear. Refer to the attached screenshot:

You can achieve this with the following code in the FillSceneGraph:

protected void UltraChart1_FillSceneGraph(object sender, Infragistics.UltraChart.Shared.Events.FillSceneGraphEventArgs e)

{

foreach (var item in e.SceneGraph)

{

if (item.GetType().Name == "Polygon")

{

((Infragistics.UltraChart.Core.Primitives.Primitive)(((Infragistics.UltraChart.Core.Primitives.PrimitiveShape)(item)))).drawColor = Color.Transparent;

}

}

}

Let me know if you have any questions regarding this.

Best Regards,

Maya Kirova

Developer Support Engineer

Infragistics, Inc.

http://es.infragistics.com/support

Offline posted

Hello tnguyen13 ,

I'm currently looking into this issue and will let you know what I’ve found out by Wednesday.

Best Regards,

Maya Kirova

Developer Support Engineer

Infragistics, Inc.

http://es.infragistics.com/support