Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Drag&Drop scenario
posted

Hi,

I want to implement following scenario using drag&drop functionality:

1. There are two trees on the page, for example the first one contains users, the second - some  tasks.

2.  I want to be able to drag node from first tree to another, and get server event "NodeDropped", containg source and destination nodes.

For example drag a user node and drop it on the task node.

but

3. I don't want the trees to change their structure,

in other words dragged and dropped nodes should NOT be inserted or removed on the client side, the users tree remains only users, the tasks tree remains only tasks.

Is it possible? I've looked over all WebDataTree's settings related to Drag&Drop and haven't found simple way how it can be implemented.

Off couse I can do the following:

use client side event "NodeDropping", collect and store all needed information about destinatination and source nodes, cancel this event and initiate postback manually.

But before do this I want to be sure that I haven't missed anything and there is no simple way to implement this.

Thanks in advance, please help.

Parents
    posted

Hi AlexanderZh,

Using the client side "NodeDropping" event is the way I would approach this as well. The tree Drag & Drop doesn't otherwise have built in functionality to accomplish this directly. This would be a good feature request.

If you would like I can submit a feature request on your behalf or if you wish you can do so directly at http://devcenter.infragistics.com/Protected/RequestFeature.aspx

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance regarding this matter.

Reply Children
No Data