Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Cross-Browser Compatibility
posted

Is there a document somewhere that summarizes Infragistics' stance on being cross-browser compatible? Or, maybe there's something that discusses "best practices" to creating a cross-browser site.

Here's my issue...

I'm building a new site using the (2011.1) WebDataMenu and WebDataGrid. Quite frankly, I'm disappointed in the their performance in different browsers.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but when I run my app in Chrome or FireFox, there's plenty of rendering glitches. The menus don't display right or the grid behavior is different. They work great in IE, but as we all know, IE is no longer the only game in town.

I figured that these inconsistencies would have all been worked out in a seasoned commercial product and that the controls would render the same in all browsers especially since I'm only setting standard properties.

I keep reading posts on how to make (read trick) certain controls to render correctly in Chrome. End-users shouldn't have to deal with stuff like this in order to get the product to work as expected.

I bought Infragistics so I can drag a menu control onto a form and create a slick, nice-looking menu by setting just a few properties. This advantage (no pun intended) is greatly diminished if that menu doesn't quite work in Chrome or FireFox without hand-coding a bunch of obscure javascript tweaks.

Look, I understand the intricacies of writing html code that runs in all browsers; it’s a very tough thing to do.  That’s why I, and thousands of others, turned to the experts.

Parents Reply Children