Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Child Row Adding
posted

When attempting to add a child row where AutoCRUD="false" both on the parnent grid and the child band, I get the following error;

"Original data source does not support inserts."

What I'd LIKE to do is handle the insert using the SQL Datasource, myself, because I need to set the ParentId parameter before the insert of the row, but for some reason the Grid keeps attempting to execute on the DataSource.

Is there some parameter that I need to set to prevent this from happening?

Besides  EnableDataViewState="false" I mean, because if I disable the DataViewState, then the grid goes all screwy and I get errors like "Microsoft JScript runtime error: ASP.NET Ajax client-side framework failed to load." and "Object refrence not set to an instance of object" etc...

Help... please...

posted

I don't know what the difference is between the old code and the new code, but it's working now.

Essentially, EnableDataViewState="false" but now I'm manged to get rid of the other errors as well... somehow... (Basically did it from scratch on a test page and then copied it over)