Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WHG Grid W3C standard stylesheet error
posted

WHEN I RAN Y-SLOW tool for w3c valiator, I GOT SEVERAL ERROR AS LISTED BELOW. PLS ADDRESS THIS ISSUE and also I want to exclude some common stylesheet downloading which affecting the performance. ( ig_dataGrid.css,ig_hierarchicalDatagrid.css,ig_shared.css,ig_textEditor.css). How can i avoid downloading these stylesheets as embedded to control. It makes un-necessary 4 extra request to server.

ERROR FROM Y-slow

You have probably failed to include a required child element. Hence the parent element is "not finished", not complete.

Example:

WRONG : <ul>My list</ul>
CORRECT <ul><li>My list</li></ul>

Solution:

Check to be sure you've included all required child elements. Tags which require children are:

• HTML (requires both a HEAD and a BODY)
  • HEAD (requires TITLE)
  • UL (requires LI)
  • OL (requires LI)
  • DL (requires either DT or DD, and usually both)
  • SELECT (requires an OPTION)
  • TABLE (requires TBODY—in certain cases, the TBODY tag can be left out, meaning TR is required)
  • THEAD, TFOOT, TBODY (require TR)

References:

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hello vishvanatha_achary ,

Thank you for posting in our forum.

I know it has been a while since you posted your question but if you still need assistance or have any questions I’d be glad to help.

Against which page did you run this validation tool? Also with which version of IG controls was this?

Regarding the css classes. Generally they get added over full page postbacks which would be expected .Also if you’ve wrapped the grid inside an update panel and have the update panel handle the ajax calls for the operations( updating, adding, behavior related operations and so on) then it will again request all the resources over ajax postbacks. If you however use the  ajax of the grid to handle the ajax callbacks then it will only send and request for the server the operation specific information and the additional assets won’t get loaded again. So that would resolve the issue for the css classes used by the grids.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding this.

Best Regards,

Maya Kirova

Developer Support Engineer

Infragistics, Inc.

http://es.infragistics.com/support

Children
No Data