Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Exporting to pdf
posted

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

I’m working with a WebHierarchicalDataGrid v10.3 and WebDocumentExporter v10.3. The grid has Selection (with “own” clientside javascript for CellSelectionChanged), Filtering, VirtualScrolling (rowcachefactor=2, ThresholdFactor=.25), Sorting, ColumnResizing And ColumnMoving. The columns are defined in aspx, there is visible and invisible.

Well, when I have 100 lines (20 visible) I push a button for export to pdf , if I use the DataExportMode=AllDataInDataSource the program give me a error “out of memory” and if I use DataExportMode=DataInGridOnly it doesn’t fail but obviously export only a part of the grid’s datasource. Note: if a use WebExcelExporter v10.3 the 100 lines are export ok.

When I am exporting, I establish the datasource, make databind, Even if I delete the code for InitializeRow (I want to show a column with a very large text an hide a column with a image use for show the large text, the CellSelectionChanged is for this purpose) and make WebDocumentExporter.Export (WebHierarchicalDataGrid) it fails

Is a issue?

posted

Hi alfmag,

It has been some time since your post, however in case you still need assistance with this matter I would be happy to help.

I have tested this scenario using the latest service release for version 10.3 and 11.2 but am so far unable to replicate the issue. Please note that virtual scrolling is CTP for WebHierarchicalDataGrid, therefore I can suggest disabling this behavior in order to try and isolate the cause of your issue. In order to examine this behavior further I would need a small sample illustrating it.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.