Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Forcing LogIn on Forms authentication app
posted

I have an Ajax-enabled app using Forms Authentication, and anonymous is denied.

When I click a button the Updatepanel updates a grid (and also pops up a WebDialog window). All is fine.

I put a WebImageViewer (with no images in the Items collection) on the page and ran the page, clicked the button, all is fine.

I then added an image (in designmode) to the Items collection of the control and ran the page, clicked the button, and then I get redirected to the login page. It's as if the image is coming from "outside" and Forms Authentication is forcing me to re-authenticate.

The image that I added is in a folder two levels below the page that the WebImageViewer control is in. I used a relative path.

If I remove the image and run the page again, all is fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Parents
No Data
    posted
    milop,I know this is kinda dumb - but, I do many dumb things.

Did you check the NTFS security settings on your sub-folder?  Maybe the administrator did not propagate the security settings through the folder structure and your account does not have the proper access.  That has happened to me more than once.  Kinda seems like something to look into since the control doesn't cause the problem, the data does.

Also, while I have not used the WebImageViewer, I do know that the scheduler required a property setting to tell it to use a secure socket.  If you are using https than perhaps that is something to look for.  I got nailed on that – plus the fact that the scheduler actually uses an IIS virtual folder to manage the forms.

Children
No Data