Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Another Javascript Question???
posted

When I set the selected item in the drop down I do this.....

this

.ddlMeasurementType.SelectedItemIndex = 2;

Without click on the control and I ran the following java I do not get index 2 as selected...

This basically gets ran when the text in a textbox is changed. The function is called ok but item.isSelected comes back as false for itemIndex 2 in the drop down. Is there something I am missing when setting selected item?  When I look at the drop down items in the server code it does have that item as selected = true; So I am don't know what I am missing on the client side. It looks like I might have to activate the item. Does anyone know how to do that?  I tried .ActiveItemIndex and that does not help. When I go into .Iem.Activated it is still false. When the .isSelected works in the javascript .Activate = true. I don't know I how to make this work.

var ddl2 = $find('<%= ddlMeasurementType.ClientID %>');

var items = ddl2.get_items();

var length = items.getLength();

var item;

for (var i = 0; i < length; i++) {

item = items.getItem(i);

if (item.isSelected()) {

SetCalculationLabels(item._element.innerText);

break;

}

Suggested Answer
    posted

Hi apalcer,

From javascript you can select an item in the WebDropDown using the selectItem() or selectItemByIndex() functions.

I am attaching a sample which changes the selected item in a drop down based on which of the buttons on the page is clicked.

Below is the javascript code used:

<script type="text/javascript">
            function Button1Handler() {
                $find('WebDropDown1').selectItemByIndex(0);
                return false;

}
            function Button2Handler() {
                $find('WebDropDown1').selectItemByIndex(1);
                return false;

}

</script>

Please tell me if this helps.