Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
update function of Wdg not fired
posted

Hello,

my problem is this:  I created a website which contains a webdatagrid connected to an objectdatasource and should work with manual CRUD as shown in the video of Mr. Shoemaker. For the first time everything was ok. If the user changes cells in different rows and after that presses the "save" button the desired method "update..." was called and so the changes were written to the "database". FYI. it is an XML file.

Now it was necessary to add a few columns to the datagrid. For that I extended the data source and the functions as needed. After that I added the new columns to the datagrid and also extended the cell editing and row adding events as needed.

But now I have the problem that the method "update..." is not called if the "save" button is pressed. While testing and analyzing the problem I found that in rare cases the grid could be could be convinced to call the function to update the records if the user clicks in two other rows. But most the time nothing happens. it is definitely so that the update method is not called. I had a breakpoint at the beginning of that method and the debugger does not stop at this point.

One workaround I found is calling explicitly the _doPostback. But this results in a complete reload of the page. And this could not be the solution.

Yes the datagrid is inside of an update panel and Ajax of the grid is disabled.

I'm using the version=11.1.20111.2020.

Can anybody give me a hint? Thanks in advance.