Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Maintaining state of WebExplorerBar in MasterPage with Hierarchical menu
posted

I am using a WebExplorerBar on a MasterPage to navigation amongs webpages in my site.   When I navigate to a new page, the explorerbar does not postback with the previous item being selected.

I have looked at the solution provided by Valerie on 10-28-2010 (http://community.infragistics.com/forums/p/47906/255212.aspx), and while this works great if you only have a menu with 2 levels (ExplorerBarGroup and ExplorerBarItem).  I actually have 3 levels, being loaded from an XML datasource, the first being the ExplorerBarGroup and 2 levels which are ExplorerBarItems.  When trying to use the sample provided in the above link, the prerender event does not allow for a extra level when a submenu is being used.

if I was able to check to see if the parent of the selected item was infact the ExplorerBarGroup, I would be able to determine if this item is the 2nd or 3rd level, for example:  

if (e.NewSelectedItem.ParentItem.IsExplorerBarGroup() != true )

Unfortunately, the above code does not work.  Can anyone provide me with another way of getting this information?