Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
SortColumn event on UltraWebgrid
posted

When SortColumn event is captured, is the sorting done on the Server side by default? Does it override the AllowSortingDefault property setting?

I have noticed that when AllowSortingDefault = "yes" (server-side), the sort is much faster; and it also is in the case that the event is captured -

reviewGrid.SortColumn +=new SortColumnEventHandler(reviewGrid_SortColumn);

Thanks, Shilpi

Parents
    Suggested Answer
    posted

Hello shilpichaudhry,

The “SortColumn” event is fired when the user clicks on the column to sort it (if sorting is enabled).

When handled, this event can give you access to the following properties: BandNo (index of the band that has to be sorted), Cancel (to cancel the sorting), ColumnNo (index of the column that has to be sorted), ShiftKey (shows if the Shift key is pressed).

If you did not provide any optimization code in this event that can make your sorting faster I do not see how the presence of this handler can speed up the sorting process.

More about this event you can read here - http://help.infragistics.com/Help/NetAdvantage/ASPNET/2010.3/CLR4.0/html/Infragistics4.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.v10.3~Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.UltraWebGrid~SortColumn_EV.html

Where sorting will be executed (on server or on client) is not decided by this event or its event handler – you can set that in code or in the grid “.apsx” markup.

By default AllowSortingDefault” property is set to “OnClient” and if you need to perform sorting on the server you should change this property first. When you set AllowSortingDefault” to “Yes” the sorting will be performed on the server.

Let me know if you need additional assistance regarding this question.

Reply Children
No Data