Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
EnableLoadOnDemand Fails when loading from IEnumerable
posted

Could someone help: 

I am trying to get EnableLoadOnDemand to work with my Webdropdown which I bind using a IEnumerable returned from a 'Linq to SQL' statement.   The IEnumerable contains around 3697 items, thus the need for EnableLoadOnDemand.  When I set EnableLoadOnDemand="true"  and PageSize="50"  I only get the first 50 records.  When I scroll down to the bottom of the items the dropdown flashes like it's going to page and that's it.  Below is the markup for my WebDropDown and the code to bind it.

<ig:WebDropDown ID="wddCustomer" runat="server" Width="110px" EnableClosingDropDownOnSelect="false"
                                            DropDownContainerWidth="110px" DropDownContainerHeight="200px" EnableMultipleSelection="true"
                                            MultipleSelectionType="Keyboard" EnableLoadOnDemand="true" PageSize="50">
                                        </ig:WebDropDown>

' Load Customers
        wddCustomer.DataSource = From c In Context.Customers Where c.Cono = 1 Select New With   {.CustID = c.CustId, .CustName = c.CustName}

wddCustomer.TextField = "CustID"
        wddCustomer.ValueField = "CustID"
        wddCustomer.DataBind()
        wddCustomer.Items.Insert(0, (New DropDownItem("All", "0")))

Parents
    posted

Anyone that's interested, I have found that binding the WebDropDown to an IEnumerable returned by a Linq To SQL query does not work.  I changed to datasource to a SqlDatacontrol and everything worked.  The only thing I found was that the WebDropDown is very sluggish and slow with large return sets ie: 4000 rows.  The standard ASP.Net dropdown control flies compared to the WebDropDown.

Reply Children
No Data