Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Running Sample Browser Locally - The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.
posted

I'm developing a C# asp.net app on windows 7, w/ Visual Studio 2010.  MS Access 2010 and 2003, and SQL Server 2008 R2 are installed on my development machine.

I'm successfully running the Infragisics sample Browser locally (http://localhost/igSamples/WebFeatureBrowser/Default.aspx) on my development machine, but some pages show this error after they fail to load: 

"The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine."

I downloaded and installed "2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components" from this page:  http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=7554F536-8C28-4598-9B72-EF94E038C891&displaylang=en

Then, as that page suggected, I changed all instances of "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" to "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0" with TextPad in all of the text files in the web application's folder, but that didn't fix the Sample Browser error.  

Prior to the appearance of this error, I intended to change all of the connection strings away from mdb or mdf files to SQL Server databases, and I successfully did that for all of the Northwind, SampleDb, etc., connection strings in web.config files, but apparently there's still Jet connection strings elsewhere. 

How can I fix this error and get the sample browser running locally?  Thanks.

posted

Hello,

I ran into this same error when I tried to build the NetAdvantage for WPF XamFeatureBrowser on a Win 7 64-bit machine.  I was able to resolve this by changing the project's Platform Target option from Any CPU to x86

This setting can be made in Visual Studio by doing the following:

1. Right-click on the project in Solution Explorer
    2. Select "Properties" in the context menu
    3. Select the "Build" tab in the project's editor window
    4.  Select "x86" in the Platform target dropdown.

Hope this helps.