Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Response after calling Serverside RowUpdating fuction
posted

Looking at the samples, it seems real simple to do a response back after a RowUpdating serverside call using AJAX.  Enable Ajax, set the OnRowUpdating call to point to the server and test the code.  My function is called and I can easily cancel the update if conditions are met.  Now I want to send back the response.  Looking at the online sample :  WebDataGrid -> Editing Rows - Server Events I see this example:

protected void WebDataGrid1_RowUpdating(object sender, Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.RowUpdatingEventArgs e)
{
string fieldToVerify = e.Values["CompanyName"].ToString();

if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(fieldToVerify))
{
WebDataGrid1.GridResponse.Message = Resources.WebDataGridResources.UpdateRow_ServerMessageFailed;
e.Cancel = true;
}
else
{
WebDataGrid1.GridResponse.Message = Resources.WebDataGridResources.UpdateRow_ServerMessageSuccess;
}
}

Easy for me to understand except when I go to code the response similiar in my app, I do not have access to GridResponse.  I'm using net.Advantage 10.3.  Is there something I'm missing to be able to set the GridResponse.Message property?