Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Override Current Value with Multiple Select
posted

I am using the WebDropdown 10.3 with the checkbox multiple select option.  Is there a way to stop the current value as being the concatenated list of values?  My text values are fairly long so it results in an extremely long unreadable bit of text.

My scenario is providing a list of items for the user to select and then I will pull them into a different list and remove them from the source list. 

I would be okay with seeing nothing in the text or better yet a count of the # of select items.

Thanks

jack

Parents
    posted

Hi Jack,

Out of the box  - no. But it is relatively easy to implement that with the Client-Side ValueChanging and SelectionChanged events. in the client-side handler for SelectionChanged, set a flag that the immediate call to changing the value should be cancelled, and cancel the ValueChanging event - only if it is triggered by a change in selection. This way you can still type anything in the input box, but it won't be automatically updated when selection changes.

Hope it helps,

Angel 

Reply Children
No Data